Resources for Elementary Music Teachers
Browse our 2016 Flyer - With Links to All Products!
Elementary Music Rugs
This is a great teaching tool, and an effective seating plan for primary students - 24 squares for 24 students. Use the floor staff for games, teach note values, signs and symbols. Available in three sizes.
More information about the Elementary Music Rugs
SUBSCRIBE NOW to continue using the site without interruption! Teachers, schools or districts that have purchased Musicplay packages will be given access to the site on a pro-rated basis - 5-8 years of access for purchase of a Musicplay K-6 package.
MusicplayOnline is still under construction, but we are so excited about this site, that we’re encouraging teachers to use for free until August 1st. The site will include everything that is in Musicplay Digital Resources, plus many more interactive activities!
• 700+ songs are given as movies: lyrics, notation, and kids demos
• Search for songs by keyword (ie. graduation), tone set (high do) or rhythm
• Solfa note name challenges and letter note challenges for all reading songs
• Pop quizzes to teach, reinforce and assess note names, terms and symbols
• Games to teach concepts: beat/no beat, beat/rhythm, major/minor, smooth/separated, high/low, loud/quiet, note names
• Solfa Practice movies: sm, lsm, smd, mrd, ls mrd
• Echo the flashcard, poison melody game, sing from handsigns, sing from notation, sing in solfa the pattern that you hear, assessment
• Rhythm Practice Movies: echo, poison rhythm, read patterns, clap what you hear, rhythm dictation
• Interactive beat and rhythm activities for all K reading songs and some Grade 1 reading songs (Snail Snail, Bye Low)
• Listening - Activities from Listening Kit 1 are now posted: listening maps, concepts, composer movies, movement, and play along
• Ukulele tuners and 30+ ukulele songs to play!
• Recorder program is online with 38 songs in Level 1 and 24 songs in Level 2!
• Guitar tuners and 25 songs
• Interactive Xylophone to show what bars to take off when teaching Orff arrangements
• Form Tool - show the form for any song or composition
• Listening, Dance, Recorder and Theory sections will be added.
Your Veterans Day or Memorial Day assembly will be easy to plan when you use the songs, poems and quotes in this collection. The entire collection is beautiful and very singable for young classes or choirs. The songs will be a moving tribute to all veterans. The CD has beautiful orchestrations and vocals! The CD includes full performance, part 2 only (for 2 part songs), and accompaniment tracks.
This set of lessons for fall will give you everything you need to get your preK classes singing, playing, moving, listening to and creating music. It includes 40+ poems, finger plays, songs, listening examples, movement activities, instrument exploration, and storybook lessons.
Read More about Musicplay for PreK
This collection includes traditional and composed songs from many different cultures. You could use this as your winter concert, or you could teach the songs any time of year as part of a multicultural study. A simple script for narrators is included if you’d like to perform this as a program. It’s easy to adapt the script to leave out songs, or substitute songs. Most of the songs are two part, but all can be performed in unison with younger students. The recording features excellent vocals and orchestrations.
Read More About Celebrate
This is a fantastic musical about our favorite season! 12 songs about fun in the snow including My Car Won't Start, Blizzard, Snow Day, Softly and more! Includes lyrics, script, perf/acc CD and PDF to project. Use as your holiday concert or just as a great collection for K-6.
Read More About Snowtastic
December music classes can be challenging, especially in the days following your holiday concert. This is a collection of lessons and activities based on nine familiar Christmas carols. Each song is notated for vocals, soprano recorder in two parts, Boomwhackers in two parts, a variety of percussion instruments, and with chords provided for ukulele (or guitar). All parts can be used together and also work in any combination. Each song comes with a vocal track and an orchestrated accompaniment track.
Read More About Christmas Music Lessons
You’ve had sets of Boomwhackers® forever, but what do you do with them? In this resource, Denise takes you through a sequential process that will help your students in Grades 2-5 learn to read rhythms, melodies, and chords. There are 55 musical examples for students to play, with fun accompaniment tracks. This resource is classroom tested and is a great way to introduce reading notation to your elementary music students!
Read More about Teach Music Reading with Boomwhackers
Easy Ukulele Songs Teacher’s Guide (C) is an excellent song collection to teach young beginners to sing and strum on the ukulele. The collection includes 32 folk songs with a performance/accompaniment CD, projectables, chord charts, reproducible student lyrics pages, and links to easy pop songs to play along with.
Read More About Easy Ukulele Songs
A great song collection to teach young beginners to sing and strum on the guitar. Teacher's Guide includes introduction to guitar, music, lyrics, chords and chord charts.
Includes 25 folk songs with perf/acc CD, Digital Resources and links to easy pop songs.
A collection of activities to get preschool - Grade 5 children playing, listening, creating and reading music using non-pitched percussion instruments. Written by Denise Gagne
Read More About Rhythm Instrument Fun
Nancy's Daily Phys-Ed For Kids DVDs
This exercise DVD is a fun and easy way to provide daily physical activities in your classroom. It's the perfect indoor recess activity for Grade 1-6 classes! Play the DVD on a DVD/TV or project via computer to a Smartboard. Nancy leads a group of students in a fun, safe, efficient and effective 30 minute fitness program. More information about Nancy's Daily Phys-Ed DVDs
We have a list of schools that have received grants so far - applications are still open!
Download the Musicplay Grant Application:
• Microsoft Word
Musicplay Grant Recipients
We acknowledge the financial support of the Government of Canada through the
Canada Book Fund (CBF) for our publishing activities.