Stories and So Much More! is a collection of stories, songs and literacy activities for K - Grade 6. Children love the opportunity to play instruments, explore movement activities and sing storybooks. The songs in this collection enhance a wonderful source of interesting stories. The lessons and activities that are included will help your pre-readers, emerging readers and readers to improve their listening skills and beginning reading skills. The use of text and illustrations as manipulatives and/or projectable activities provide a powerful tool for language learning!Music Lessons
are also included at a variety of grade levels for each selection, giving elementary students the opportunity to play rhythm instruments, Orff instruments, recorder, ukulele, and Boomwhackers!What's in Stories and So Much More!
• Suggestions to help teachers choose storybooks that combine music and literacy
• Songs to enhance the stories
• mp4 movies of each of the songs
• Projectables (or SMARTboard files) of the music and literacy activities
• Printable literacy activities (story strips, class books) for the stories.
• Music Lessons for primary and upper elementary
We fully believe the Chinese Proverb:
“Tell me and I’ll forget. Show me and I may remember. Involve me and I’ll understand.”
We hear and process all language as sound first. Then, we turn the sounds into symbols. Children develop listening skills as they sing or listen to the songs and sequence their picture cards. The students learn to follow directions. By giving each child literacy activities or manipulatives to use as they listen to a song or a story, the child is involved, and is fully engaged in the learning process.